Helping Victims of a Serious Injury
In many accidents involving negligent behavior, the injured party is left with serious injuries. These accidents and their resulting serious injuries may occur at any time. However, it is the seriously injured person left to pay the medical bills and attempt to return to everyday life. Despite the difficulty and complexity of these situations, there may be legal recourse through a personal injury claim. Our experienced South Jordan serious injury attorneys
What is a Serious Injury in Utah?
A serious or catastrophic injury can be any injury that requires significant medical care or that significantly impacts your quality of life. Numerous injuries qualify as such, and insurance companies need to treat these injuries accordingly. Some of the more common types of serious or catastrophic injuries include:
- Amputations or loss of body parts
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Significant burn injuries
- Large lacerations
- Organ damage
- Nerve damage
- Spinal injuries
- Loss of use of body parts or appendages
- Other permanent injuries
If you aren't entirely sure if your injury sustained in an accident is considered a serious injury, please contact one of our South Jordan catastrophic injury attorneys for a free no-pressure consultation.
The Opinions That Matter Most
Because of Spencer and Liz, I now feel at ease.Brealynn L.
"I would highly recommend Jacob to anyone who needs a good attorney to help them with their family matters."Melynda E.
Camille went above and beyond for me.Maija M.
Recovering Compensation for a Serious Injury
There is an extensive list of damages that may be included in a serious injury claim. Some of these include:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Loss of past and future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of household services (housekeeping, childcare, etc.)
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental companionship and guidance
- Mental anguish
- Other possible compensation depending on where the drugs or alcohol involved in the accident were derived and the driving history of the individual driving under the influence
If the severe injury occurred due to especially egregious or even intentional actions, additional compensation might be sought through punitive damages.
What your Serious Injury Attorney Will do for You
Carr Woodall is your best choice for experienced Utah serious injury attorneys. With us on your side, you can expect the best customer service and the settlement you deserve. What we will help you with:
- Guide you through the entire legal process of your claim.
- Answer your questions to ensure that you understand what is occurring through the whole process with frequent communication.
- We will communicate with all the parties involved for you – police departments, witnesses, insurance companies, and anyone else involved in the claim
- We will gather all of the evidence and information needed to build and prove your case. Every case is treated as though we are preparing for trial. This includes gathering official reports, preserving and obtaining physical evidence, collecting eyewitness testimony, proving medical injuries and treatment, involving the proper experts to provide evaluations and reports, etc.
- We will make sure the insurance company plays by the rules, follows the law, and treats you fairly.
- We will help you recover from your horrible accident and adapt to your new life.
Call Carr | Woodall Today
If you have been a victim of a severe injury, you need the assistance of a compassionate personal injury attorney. Our South Jordan serious injury lawyers are committed to fighting for the compensation you need and deserve.
Family Law Is What We Do Best
Divorce is one of the most stressful transitions couples and families can experience. Having a knowledgeable, experienced advocate on your side can minimize conflict, streamline the process, and help you resolve complex issues.
We Are Accessible 24/7
We are committed to being open & accessible to all our clients. Our willingness to be available and field your questions sets us apart from the competition and will directly contribute to your peace of mind throughout your legal matter.
You Are Our Number One Focus
For us, it’s not about the bottom line. It’s about you. When you come to Carr Woodall for help in your family legal matter, you can move forward with confidence knowing that we are defending your best interests.