Holding Others Accountable for Negligence
Premises liability is a broad term that includes any harm caused to an individual on someone else's property. However, some legal claims are considered premises liability claims when the accident may not have occurred on the physical property. As you can tell, these cases are complicated and extremely tie sensitive.
After suffering a premises liability injury, you have the right to pursue legal action and seek compensation for the damages you have sustained. Our South Jordan premises liability lawyers at Carr | Woodall are here to help you initiate your claim and hold the negligent property owner accountable.
Call us at (801) 988-9400 with any questions or schedule an initial consultation.
Determining Property Owner Liability in South Jordan
The level of liability a property owner owes a visitor depends on the designation of the visitor. If you are a customer at a grocery store, the store owes you an extremely high duty of care. If you visit a friend's house, the friend will owe you a smaller duty of care. If a trespasser is injured, the owner of the property is potentially not liable. However, even trespassers can recover from certain dangerous conditions created by the owner, like a vicious dog used to protect property.
Delivering Client-Focused Representation
These cases are often very time-sensitive; this is especially true because liability involves a government entity. Evidence is necessary to prosecute your case. Frequently, if you wait too long to seek an attorney, that evidence can be gone. For example, video surveillance might be deleted after a week or two. Unlike many other personal injury law areas, the evidence does not tend to remain for a very long time.
If you have been injured involving a premises liability claim, do not hesitate to consult with Carr Woodall. We can determine whether the landowner owed you a duty of care during the initial consultation and whether that duty was breached. Premises liability is an essential area of personal injury law – it helps landowners take precautions so that more people are not injured due to their negligence. It ensures that innocent people can adequately heal from injuries they have sustained.
The Opinions That Matter Most
I definitely recommend using Spencer Ricks for legal needs.Jacquelyn P.
"Within 2 weeks my divorce was done and I came out in better than good shape. Thank you Camille."Steve S
"I could not have picked a better Attorney to represent me in my time of need."Brian B
Recovering Compensation for a Slip and Fall Accident
There is an extensive list of damages that may be included in a premises liability accident claim. Some of these include:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Loss of past and future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of household services (housekeeping, childcare, etc.)
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental companionship and guidance
- Mental anguish
- Other possible compensation depending on where the drugs or alcohol involved in the accident were derived and the driving history of the individual driving under the influence
If the premises liability accident occurred due to especially egregious or even intentional actions, additional compensation might be sought through punitive damages.
What your Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Will do for You
Carr Woodall is your best choice for experienced Utah premises liability accident attorneys. With us on your side, you can expect the best customer service and the settlement you deserve. What we will help you with:
- Guide you through the entire legal process of your claim.
- Answer your questions to ensure that you understand what is occurring through the whole process with frequent communication.
- We will communicate with all the parties involved for you – police departments, witnesses, insurance companies, and anyone else involved in the claim
- We will gather all of the evidence and information needed to build and prove your case. Every case is treated as though we are preparing for trial. This includes gathering official reports, preserving and obtaining physical evidence, collecting eyewitness testimony, proving medical injuries and treatment, involving the proper experts to provide evaluations and reports, etc.
- We will make sure the insurance company plays by the rules, follows the law, and treats you fairly.
- We will help you recover from your horrible accident and adapt to your new life.
Call Carr | Woodall Today
If you have been a victim of a premises liability accident, you need the assistance of a compassionate personal injury attorney. Our South Jordan premises liability lawyers are committed to fighting for the compensation you need and deserve.
Family Law Is What We Do Best
Divorce is one of the most stressful transitions couples and families can experience. Having a knowledgeable, experienced advocate on your side can minimize conflict, streamline the process, and help you resolve complex issues.
We Are Accessible 24/7
We are committed to being open & accessible to all our clients. Our willingness to be available and field your questions sets us apart from the competition and will directly contribute to your peace of mind throughout your legal matter.
You Are Our Number One Focus
For us, it’s not about the bottom line. It’s about you. When you come to Carr Woodall for help in your family legal matter, you can move forward with confidence knowing that we are defending your best interests.