Helping Those Who Suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury
Brain injuries and head injuries are sometimes difficult to diagnose and treat. They result from a minor bump on the head to a horrific traumatic brain injury (TBI). These brain and head injuries occur in almost every kind of accident, including an auto accident, bicycle accident, auto-pedestrian accident, slip, and fall, physical assault, playing sports, accidents at home, and accidents at work.
These injuries can be diagnosed through some of their most common symptoms: headaches, difficulty focusing, blurred vision, problem remembering, and extreme sensitivity to light. Victims of brain and head injuries also typically experience nausea, chronic headaches, and severe mood swings. Sometimes with moderate to severe TBI's, the conditions can be extremely devastating to one's life and can be a permanent disability. If you or your loved one suffers from a brain or head injury stemming from an accident, please contact our experienced South Jordan brain injury attorneys for a consultation.
Delayed Symptoms Doesn't Mean Delayed Treatment
A brain and head injury's resulting symptoms vary from mild, moderate, or severe, depending on the brain's damage. It is imperative to obtain medical treatment immediately after experiencing head trauma. Typically MRIs and CT scans are utilized to diagnose and treat brain injuries that sometimes include bleeding on the brain.
However, many TBIs do not exhibit any symptoms for some time after the actual trauma occurred. The sooner an examination is sought, and treatment is started, the faster the healing process will be. Often treatment for TBIs and other brain and head injuries is required from several different healthcare providers, including neurologists, physical therapists, and optometrists, among many others. An experienced brain injury attorney on your side will help guide you through your treatment to help you obtain the best results to get back to your everyday life.
Recovering Compensation for a Traumatic Brain Injury and Head Injury
An extensive list of damages may be included in a traumatic brain injury and head injury claim. Some of these include:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Loss of past and future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of household services (housekeeping, childcare, etc.)
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental companionship and guidance
- Mental anguish
- Other possible compensation depending on where the drugs or alcohol involved in the accident were derived and the driving history of the individual driving under the influence
If the traumatic brain injury and head injury occurred due to especially egregious or even intentional actions, additional compensation might be sought through punitive damages.
The Opinions That Matter Most
I'd use him again in a heartbeat.Brady A.
Doesn't waste time or money.Dallin D.
Because of Spencer and Liz, I now feel at ease.Brealynn L.
What your Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney Will do for You
Carr Woodall is your best choice for experienced Utah traumatic brain injury and head injury attorneys. With us on your side, you can expect the best customer service and the settlement you deserve. What we will help you with:
- Guide you through the entire legal process of your claim.
- Answer your questions to ensure that you understand what is occurring through the whole process with frequent communication.
- We will communicate with all the parties involved for you – police departments, witnesses, insurance companies, and anyone else involved in the claim
- We will gather all of the evidence and information needed to build and prove your case. Every case is treated as though we are preparing for trial. This includes gathering official reports, preserving and obtaining physical evidence, collecting eyewitness testimony, proving medical injuries and treatment, involving the proper experts to provide evaluations and reports, etc.
- We will make sure the insurance company plays by the rules, follows the law, and treats you fairly.
- We will help you recover from your horrible accident and adapt to your new life.
Call Carr | Woodall Today
If you have been a victim of a traumatic brain injury and head injury, you need the assistance of a compassionate personal injury attorney. Our South Jordan TBI lawyers are committed to fighting for the compensation you need and deserve.
Family Law Is What We Do Best
Divorce is one of the most stressful transitions couples and families can experience. Having a knowledgeable, experienced advocate on your side can minimize conflict, streamline the process, and help you resolve complex issues.
We Are Accessible 24/7
We are committed to being open & accessible to all our clients. Our willingness to be available and field your questions sets us apart from the competition and will directly contribute to your peace of mind throughout your legal matter.
You Are Our Number One Focus
For us, it’s not about the bottom line. It’s about you. When you come to Carr Woodall for help in your family legal matter, you can move forward with confidence knowing that we are defending your best interests.