South Jordan Dog Bite and Dog Attack Attorneys
Representing Victims of Dog Bites
The overwhelming majority of dogs are tame companions kept as humankind's best friend. Sometimes dogs are even used as service animals and aides to assist their owners with mental and physical health issues. Despite the majority of dogs being friendly, there are still millions of dog bites reported every year. These injuries tend to lead to severe infection, scarring, and other serious or even permanent injuries. If you are a victim of a dog bite or dog attack, call our experienced dog bite lawyers at Carr Woodall, who can help you determine the best course of action to take.
South Jordan Dog Owner Liability Lawyers in South Jordan
Owning a dog in Utah imposes a myriad of legal obligations on the dog owners. Some of these are more common – take care of your animal, vaccinating it, etc. – others aren't entirely as well known. For instance, dog owners have a legal obligation to ensure that their dog does not bite someone, attack someone, or damage property. A dog doesn't necessarily have to bite a human for it to be considered a dog bite or dog attack. It can be as simple as a friendly dog jumping up onto someone and knocking them down, causing injury.
These obligations exist even if the owner isn't aware of any vicious tendencies of the dog. If the dog bites, attacks, or injures someone, a claim may be made on the owner's insurance or renter's insurance. It doesn't matter if the injury occurred outside of the home or nowhere near it; the injury is still covered under that insurance.
Children are the most susceptible to dog bites, attacks, and injuries. Being hurt at such an age may cause irreparable emotional distress that may impact other areas of their lives. Special care and treatment must be sought to ensure that the physical injuries are healed and the emotional and mental as well.
Recovering Compensation for a Dog Bite or Dog Attack
There is an extensive list of damages that may be included in a dog bite claim. Some of these include:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Loss of past and future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of household services (housekeeping, childcare, etc.)
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental companionship and guidance
- Mental anguish
- Other possible compensation depending on where the drugs or alcohol involved in the accident were derived and the driving history of the individual driving under the influence
If the dog bite or dog attack occurred due to especially egregious or even intentional actions, additional compensation might be sought through punitive damages.
What your Dog Bite Accident Attorney Will do for You
Carr Woodall is your best choice for experienced South Jordan dog bite attorneys. With us on your side, you can expect the best customer service and the settlement you deserve. What we will help you with:
- Guide you through the entire legal process of your claim.
- Answer your questions to ensure that you understand what is occurring through the whole process with frequent communication.
- We will communicate with all the parties involved for you – police departments, witnesses, insurance companies, and anyone else involved in the claim
- We will gather all of the evidence and information needed to build and prove your case. Every case is treated as though we are preparing for trial. This includes gathering official reports, preserving and obtaining physical evidence, collecting eyewitness testimony, proving medical injuries and treatment, involving the proper experts to provide evaluations and reports, etc.
- We will make sure the insurance company plays by the rules, follows the law, and treats you fairly.
- We will help you recover from your horrible accident and adapt to your new life.
Call Carr | Woodall Today
If you have been a victim of a dog bite or dog attack, you need the assistance of a compassionate personal injury attorney. Our Utah dog bite lawyers are committed to fighting for the compensation you need and deserve.
Contact us today to get started. Call (801) 988-9400.
The Opinions That Matter Most
She is very on top of everything and gets things done super fast!Shaleigh S.
Without his strong closing argument, I doubt I would have won a fair and equitable settlement.Paul D.
"I truly recommend her and her team I'm fully satisfied with the results of my divorce."Ricardo G.
James H. Woodall Read Full Bio
K. Bradley Carr Read Full Bio
Camille Mackay Read Full Bio
Deborah L. Bulkeley Read Full Bio
Russell M. Blood Read Full Bio
Spencer K. Ricks Read Full Bio
Michael K. Jones Read Full Bio
Jason H. Fuller Read Full Bio
Jacob K. Arijanto Read Full Bio
Family Law Is What We Do Best
Divorce is one of the most stressful transitions couples and families can experience. Having a knowledgeable, experienced advocate on your side can minimize conflict, streamline the process, and help you resolve complex issues.
We Are Accessible 24/7
We are committed to being open & accessible to all our clients. Our willingness to be available and field your questions sets us apart from the competition and will directly contribute to your peace of mind throughout your legal matter.
You Are Our Number One Focus
For us, it’s not about the bottom line. It’s about you. When you come to Carr Woodall for help in your family legal matter, you can move forward with confidence knowing that we are defending your best interests.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (801) 988-9400.