Compassionate & Trustworthy Legal Service in Utah
At Carr | Woodall, a large portion of our practice is dedicated to family law, which deals with domestic concerns relating to divorce and other family legal issues. As a family-run law firm, our South Jordan family lawyers are intent on quickly and effectively resolving matters that affect families.
Whether you need a simple legal question answered or extensive advice on an emotionally charged issue within your family, you can trust us to find a positive resolution.
At Carr | Woodall, our lawyers understand how difficult divorce can be. Our goal is to deliver extensive family law representation for all clients. When you work with us, you can approach the situation with confidence.
As your Utah family law attorneys, Carr | Woodall provides years of practical experience and individualized representation for every case we accept.
Protect Your Rights and Interests in Family Law Matters
At Carr | Woodall, our experienced South Jordan family law attorneys are dedicated to providing compassionate and trustworthy legal services to clients facing a wide range of family law issues. We understand that family law matters can be emotionally challenging and have a significant impact on your life and the lives of your loved ones.
When you choose Carr | Woodall, you can expect:
- Personalized attention and tailored legal strategies
- Thorough understanding of Utah family law
- Strong advocacy and representation in negotiations and court proceedings
- Clear and open communication throughout the legal process
- Compassionate guidance and support during this challenging time
The Opinions That Matter Most
Smart, savvy and sympathetic.Tiffany H.
Camille was great!Amber B.
5 stars are not enough!Kevin D.
Family Law Issues in South Jordan
Our family law firm has extensive experience with all types of family law cases.
Our family law attorneys in South Jordan frequently handle:
- Uncontested Divorce: A relatively fast and easy process in which you and your spouse have already come to an agreement on all divorce issues. The divorce agreement can then be drafted for approval by the court.
- Contested Divorce: The issues in a divorce are often complex and emotionally charged. In a contested divorce, having the right attorney is essential. Utah requires most couples to undergo mandatory mediation before presenting their case to a judge. During mediation, we can negotiate crucial issues such as property and debt division, alimony, child support, and child custody with the goal of resolving your divorce without the need for courtroom litigation.
What factors are considered in child custody cases?
In child custody cases, the court considers various factors such as the child's best interests, the parents' ability to provide for the child's physical and emotional needs, any history of abuse or neglect, and the child's preference (depending on their age and maturity).
Can grandparents get custody of their grandchildren?
In certain circumstances, grandparents may be able to obtain custody of their grandchildren. However, they would need to demonstrate that it is in the best interests of the child and that the parents are unfit or unable to care for the child.
- Parenting Plans: A carefully drafted parenting plan plays an essential role in preventing future conflicts between parents as well as additional time and money for enforcement and/or modifications. Parenting plans are usually worked out between the parents while focusing on the best interests of their children. Any details that cannot be agreed upon will be decided by the judge.
- Adoption: We take pride in creating new family bonds and helping people obtain the dream of parenthood.
- Prenuptial Agreements: These agreements enable future spouses to make important financial decisions now and hopefully avoid unsatisfactory consequences later. They are not only important in the event of a divorce but also the death of either spouse. Prenups help to resolve disputes before they arise.
To learn more about how our South Jordan family lawyers can help you resolve any family matter, do not hesitate to contact us. Our family law firm is known for its compassionate and efficient legal support throughout all phases of your legal matter. We strive to offer simple solutions to complex problems.
Contact us now to schedule a consultation and discuss your divorce or other family law issue with a family law attorney in South Jordan.
Family Law Is What We Do Best
Divorce is one of the most stressful transitions couples and families can experience. Having a knowledgeable, experienced advocate on your side can minimize conflict, streamline the process, and help you resolve complex issues.
We Are Accessible 24/7
We are committed to being open & accessible to all our clients. Our willingness to be available and field your questions sets us apart from the competition and will directly contribute to your peace of mind throughout your legal matter.
You Are Our Number One Focus
For us, it’s not about the bottom line. It’s about you. When you come to Carr Woodall for help in your family legal matter, you can move forward with confidence knowing that we are defending your best interests.