South Jordan Collaborative Divorce Attorneys
Helping You Resolve Your Divorce Without Going to Court
Divorce is a difficult process, but it doesn’t have to be a contentious one. If you and your spouse are willing to work together to resolve your divorce, you may be able to avoid the stress and expense of litigation. At Carr | Woodall, our South Jordan collaborative divorce lawyers can help you navigate the collaborative divorce process and work toward a favorable resolution that meets your needs.
What Is Collaborative Divorce?
Collaborative divorce is a type of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) that allows couples to resolve their divorce outside of court. In a collaborative divorce, each spouse is represented by their own attorney, and the couple and their attorneys work together to reach a mutually agreeable settlement.
The collaborative divorce process typically involves the following steps:
- Initial meeting: The couple and their attorneys meet to discuss the process and set goals for the divorce.
- Information gathering: Each spouse provides the necessary financial and other information to their attorneys and the other spouse.
- Joint meetings: The couple and their attorneys meet to discuss the issues in the divorce and work toward a resolution.
- Settlement agreement: Once the couple has reached an agreement, their attorneys will draft a settlement agreement for them to sign.
- Court approval: The settlement agreement is submitted to the court for approval.
Collaborative divorce is a voluntary process, and either spouse can choose to end the process and go to court at any time. However, if the couple is unable to reach an agreement and chooses to go to court, they will need to hire new attorneys to represent them in the litigation.
Benefits of Collaborative Divorce
Collaborative divorce offers several benefits over traditional litigation, including:
- More control: In a collaborative divorce, the couple has more control over the outcome of their case. They can work together to reach a mutually agreeable settlement that meets their unique needs, rather than having a judge make decisions for them.
- Less stress: Divorce is a stressful process, but litigation can make it even more so. Collaborative divorce allows couples to resolve their divorce in a more amicable and less adversarial manner, which can help reduce stress.
- Lower costs: Litigation can be expensive, especially if the case is complex or contentious. Collaborative divorce can help couples save money on legal fees and other costs.
- Quicker resolution: Litigation can be a lengthy process, and it can take months or even years to resolve a divorce in court. Collaborative divorce allows couples to resolve their divorce more quickly, so they can move on with their lives.
Is Collaborative Divorce Right for You?
Collaborative divorce is not the right choice for every couple. If you and your spouse are unable to communicate or work together, you may be better off pursuing a traditional litigated divorce. However, if you and your spouse are willing to work together to resolve your divorce, collaborative divorce may be a good option for you.
Collaborative divorce is particularly well-suited for couples who have children, as it allows them to maintain a more amicable relationship and work together to create a parenting plan that meets their children’s needs. It can also be a good option for couples who have a high net worth or complex assets, as it allows them to work together to reach a fair and equitable property division settlement.
Why Choose Carr | Woodall?
At Carr | Woodall, we understand that divorce is a difficult process, and we are here to help you navigate it. Our Utah collaborative divorce attorneys have extensive experience helping clients resolve their divorces through the collaborative process, and we can help you explore all of your options and make informed decisions about your case.
When you choose us, you can expect:
- Personalized service: We know that every divorce is unique, and we will take the time to understand your needs and goals. Our South Jordan collaborative divorce attorneys will work with you to develop a strategy that is tailored to your specific situation.
- Responsive communication: We understand that you have questions and concerns, and we are here to address them. We will keep you informed about any developments in your case and will be available to answer your questions and provide the guidance you need.
- Compassionate support: Divorce is an emotional process, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We will provide the compassionate guidance you need to make it through this difficult time.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Team
If you are considering a collaborative divorce, our team can help. We can explain the process to you, help you understand your rights and options, and guide you through each step of your case. Our South Jordan collaborative divorce lawyers are committed to helping you achieve a favorable resolution that meets your needs.
The Opinions That Matter Most
5 stars are not enough!Kevin D.
Brad stepped up to the plate and played hardball.Bob B.
"Spencer has been so helpful to put a child support modification to rest that's been dragged out way too long. He's knowledgeable and helps you know what your rights are."Kristen V.
Family Law Is What We Do Best
Divorce is one of the most stressful transitions couples and families can experience. Having a knowledgeable, experienced advocate on your side can minimize conflict, streamline the process, and help you resolve complex issues.
We Are Accessible 24/7
We are committed to being open & accessible to all our clients. Our willingness to be available and field your questions sets us apart from the competition and will directly contribute to your peace of mind throughout your legal matter.
You Are Our Number One Focus
For us, it’s not about the bottom line. It’s about you. When you come to Carr Woodall for help in your family legal matter, you can move forward with confidence knowing that we are defending your best interests.